Monday, November 7, 2011

A visit from friends

This weekend Gobie entertained my pals Ross and Katy who came out to the horse barn for a visit. Fortunately for me, Katy took a couple photos and even a video!

When we first arrived BooBoo's person, Lori was leaving. It was nice to finally meet the human behind the horse! She gave us apple to give to the horses, which was pretty nice considering my pony has been a royal jerk to her's in the field.

We all went out to say hi to the horses in the paddock. Gobie came right up to socialize. So did Cinder, who especially like Katy.

After we were done messing around in the field, Sam tried luring Gobie into the work area with an apple.

Bribery works every time!

The weather was perfect--sunny and 65. I gave Gobie a quick groom while everyone watched/played with corgis/roamed around.


A girl and her horse.

Apparently the nice weather meant rainbows all over the place. Gobie was a bit distracted, and energetic, as he worried about the herd dynamic back in the field.

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing.

Everyone observed that Gobie and I have similar hair. I'm still not sure if this should be take as a compliment or what.
Who's your stylist?

I thought Gobie could blow off a littler energy with some work. So I had Ross hold the horse while I ducked into the track room for some stuff. He did a good job!


Are those treats in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

We tried a little lunging. I think this was probably Gobie's four time doing it. We should be practicing it more, but I'm not confident in my lunging abilities. I'm sure it looks pretty terrible, through no fault of the horse's.



Once we were done with that exercise we did a bit of yielding, too. Then it was off to muck around some more. I've found that Gobie has an uncanny ability for embodying internet memes.


It was a nice, short, sweet visit! I'm glad my pals got to meet Gobie and experience first hand what a treat monster he is. And take the photo and video evidence to prove it.

Thanks Katy!

No comments:

Post a Comment