Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gobie over the fence

I have been feeling like junk for the last week, especially physically speaking, so I decided it would be a good idea to make a quick visit to the horses and keep it low key. It was cloudy out, but pretty warm, and thinking about raining. The horses were all in a pretty lazy mood, too. It seems like they're getting along pretty well now a days.


The trees have been dropping leaves like crazy, so as the horses were grazing you could hear the crunch, crunch, crunch of them shuffling around in the leaves with their hooves and their muzzles looking for grass. The crows, too, seemed to be out in force today looking for bugs and other things in the dirt. For some reason they are quite leery of people and extremely hard to photograph, but trust me when I say these are some of the fattest and largest crows I've seen around. Not all the trees have lost their leaves. There's one on the other side of the fence in the woods that is still big and yellow. Inside the horses' paddock though most of the leaves are on the ground.


And some of the horses like to eat the leaves, which apparently doesn't agree with their digestion. Either Gobie doesn't eat as many leaves, or they don't upset his ponys-will-eat-anything stomach, but whatever the reason I'm glad he doesn't seem worse for wear.


Honey was pretty friendly over the fence today and was the first one to come up and say hi to me. But immediately I could tell that Gobie was putting everyone in check to today, including his girlfriend. He came up to the fence and I gave him a treat and he tried shooing a too-nosey Honey away. It was pretty undramatic, but even after he left me at the fence line the other horses were mindful of where he was pushing them around. All the same, our visit was pretty nice. He seems like he's healthy and content and with the impending colder weather that's all you can really ask for. I took a video of the visit over the fence.


Featuring: giving treats, Honey and Bo getting shooed, and me getting my hand licked by Gobie. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment