Friday, July 22, 2011

Aw, shucks you guys!


The other day I got the nicest mail from HorseNet Horse Rescue. It was a letter and a postcard from Chris, their excellent Adoptions Coordinator, saying thanks for adopting Gobie!

I'm not going to lie, you guys, the letter was super sweet and I even had to flick a tear.

On the back of the postcard it says:
"Saving the life of one horse may not change the world but the world will surely change for that one horse."
- Author Unknown
I'm really glad that Gobie and I found a good match in each other, and I was able to adopt him. He lucked out as much as I did: he got a good owner and I got a great pony. I'm also really glad that rescues like HorseNet Horse Rescue exist. After all, they say when you adopt a horse you're saving two lives--the horse you adopted, and the horse that can now take his place at the rescue :)

Of course, not everyone is able to adopt. But you can donate, sponsor, or even volunteer and I have to say, that's pretty rewarding, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment