Monday, April 11, 2011

We're adopting Gobie!

That's right! After volunteering at HorseNet Horse Rescue, falling in love with Gobie, and sponsoring him for months, we've decided to take the plunge and adopt him.






From his adoption papers:

Gobie came to HorseNet in 2004 from a horrible cruelty case in Washington County. It took him a long time to trust people, and will continue to need reassurance. He is a super smart boy and should be a fun project. Gobie requires training both on the ground and under saddle.

Breed: PONY
Sex: GELD
DOB: 2001
DOR: 2004
Weight: 715
Height: 14
Training: UNTRAINED
Coggins: NEG
Markings: star, stripe, snip, right front pastern, left front fetlock, left hind coronet.

I'm excited to have a horse again, though I know having a rescue will be a lot of work. Fortunately I enjoy all the bonding that goes along with training--even if we never get to the point where I can ride him. Wish me luck! I plan on documenting the process of bonding and training Gobie on this blog, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment