Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Place for a Pony

Of course, if you're going to adopt a pony you'd better have someplace to put him. In fact, the biggest reason why we decided that we could adopt Gobie was because I found the perfect place to keep him. Since I've been looking for a place to board for literally years now, that's no small feat. Thank goodness I found Bonnie.

Bonnie boards three other horses, and keeps her own horse on her private 6-acre homestead. She's just about half an hour from my house and charges a really reasonable amount for board. Plus, she's really experienced and super nice.

The pine-tree lined driveway and side paddock.

The current residents, snoozing in the side paddock.

A work area.

The tackroom!

Two shelters.

The big back paddocks, with more shelters in the trees.

To even sweeten the deal, Bonnie allows dogs to visit so I can bring Locksley if I want. She has two corgis that are adorable and very friendly. I'm so grateful for the ability to keep my pony with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment